What do you think about this solutions?



Can You Gain Weight By Drinking Milk?

Dear DM,

Can you gain weight by drinking milk? Just wondering cause I drank like 3/4 of the milk box today.
Confused in Semenyih

Dear Confused in Semenyih,

If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about your milk intake. The fact that you pose the question to me in such a way tells me that you are under the impression that milk can be a 'fattening' food item. Don't look at things that way. I've lost count of the number of times I've heard:

1. Are potatoes fattening? 2. Is this ice cream fattening? 3. These cakes look so fattening.. I think I'll have these chocolate cookies instead.
Often, people miss the point. Almost every food item, no matter how healthy it is, when eaten EXCESSIVELY - will cause you to gain weight. Yes, even if you drank protein shakes excessively all day too (even it they contain 0% fat), and you exceed the number of calories required by your body for the day - you will store it as bodyfat.
If you sat at home and ate 100 apples, and it's more than what you need - you will pack on bodyfat. At the end of the day, what matters is if you ate more than what your body requires for that day. If you did, then your body is going to store those additional calories as bodyfat.

Why then are cakes, cookies, ice-cream viewed 'negatively'? Simply because there are much healthier and more nutritious alternatives. A slice of fruit could fill you up more than a large chocolate cookie with more nutrionally dense calories. Foods that are high in sugar are often viewed as 'empty' calories. For example, I'd rather get my calories for my snack from a can of tuna and a glass of milk, instead of 2 large cookies and a can of coke - both probably supplying the same number of calories, but my body would thank me for going ahead with my choice.

So will you let me eat my cookie now? Yes, of course you can. And keep in mind that they are empty calories, but at the same time, wont really throw your diet off balance when incorporated as part of a healthy and balanced diet, and eaten in moderation.
By the way, milk is a superior beverage choice and is far better than drinking soda and fizzy drinks such as cola and sugary fruit flavoured drinks... like Ribena? *hint hint*. Milk is also packed with the amino acids and minerals that can help keep your hair strong and healthy.
Plus, I've read that scientific studies show that people who include three portions of dairy, in a healthy balanced diet, gain less weight than those who eat less dairy. Now.. how cool is that!
Got Milk?
Josh Stone, also known as DM is the author behind the site http://www.dailymuscle.com which offers the author's personal views on real-life fitness, bodybuilding, sports nutrition, cardio, fat loss, training information, and on all things that surrounds fitness.